18 August 2012

Jet lagged

You would think that after 8 years of graduate school, and with next to no real sleep schedule, I would have no problem with jet lag.

You would be wrong.

Tuesday: arrived
Wednesday: slept all day
Thursday: slept all day
Thursday night: slept 1 hour total
Friday: slept all afternoon post-placement exam
Friday night: slept 1 hour total
Saturday: all day at the beach; didn't sleep at all
Saturday night: caved and took a flexeril at 8:30 p.m.

Coupled with the fact that it is unbearably hot living without A/C, and this makes for a pretty miserable Jacquelyn.

Tips? Suggestions? Sympathies? I know it could be worse. And I know I should give it a week. But patience never was my best virtue.

ETA: I took a flexeril last night, and got a full night's sleep. Life feels so much better this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment