17 September 2010

Trip I Schedule

We're about to kick off on our first trip to Western and Northern Greece. It's a trip that will last 12 days and cover a lot of ground. This is our schedule:

Tuesday, 9/21: Nafpaktos, Kalydon, Oiniadai, Garden of Heroes
Wednesday, 9/22: Thermon, Agrinion, Stratos
Thursday, 9/23: Nikopolis, Ephyra, Kassope
Friday, 9/24: Arta, Horraon, Dodona
Saturday, 9/25: Ioannina, Aiani, Vergina
Sunday, 9/26: Mieza, Leufkadia, Pella, Thessaloniki (Archaeological Museum)
Monday, 9/27: Thessaloniki: Agora, Churches, Rotunda & Arch of Galerius; Byzantine Museum
Tuesday, 9/28: (Potidaea), Temple of Ammon Zeus, Olynthos, Poligyros Museum, Stageira
Wednesday, 9/29: Thasos, Aliki quarries
Thursday, 9/30: Thasos (Akropolis, Walls & Gates)
Friday, 10/1: Philippi, Amphipolis
Saturday, 10/2: Dion, Dion Museum, Thermopylae

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. There are a few places on this list that I've been to, such as Vergina, Pella, and Thessaloniki, but even more that I have never seen, and even a few of which I've not heard. Right now, I'm busily preparing my first report topic, which is on the Derveni Krater - a great opportunity, I think, to talk about not only iconography but also the burial context.

No comments:

Post a Comment